Saturday, September 12, 2009

FRUITS OF THE LAND -


I have several several students working on fruits. One is comtemplating doing a melon and some are having trouble with grapes. It occurred to me that if I posted pictures on my blog. that during the weeks between lessons, that they could have some visual aids. The pictures that follow are taken from a 15 tile fruit rug designed by Pearl McGown. It is a very large rug, approximately 7 feet by 9 feet. I hooked this rug in 2003. I give the rug credit for saving my sanity and some portion of my life since I hooked it as I recovered from my heart operation. I origionally started the rug to use in my dining room, but having moved, and having no separate dning room, it now resides rolled up on the cedar chest at the end of my bed. I occasionally put it in the living room and it looks lovely there. Anyway, I hope you enjoy these pictures and that those of you attempting to hook fruits will find some help and some inspiration from these pictures.
Green grapes with blue leaves
Purple grapes and some cherries and pineapple

Melon and blueberries with red "somethings"


Green and pinkish-white melon with strawberries

Another colorful mellon with strawberries and a bit of pineapple and green grapes


Pears - brown to green and pinkish highlights. You can see that I like blue leaves


Purple plums and a peach


Peaches and gooseberries
Hope this helps some. Keep hooking - I know that with a little patience you can hook all of the fruits of the land. After all, Mother Nature and God gave us this wonderful bounty to enjoy and admire it beauty.
Until next time keep those hook moving and don't forget to tell your family that you love them.
Doris








3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Doris, this rug is beautiful. Love those grapes!!! My book of fruits arrived today and it is very nice. Didn't do my melon yet, but I will work on it tomorrow. Right now I'm busy studying fruit, fruit fruit and more fruit. I love fruit. I just think it is so beautuful and delicious. I had a wonderful time Friday and will really miss this Friday's class. See you Thursday. Your soon to be "BEST STUDENT". LLK

Kathy (woolfind) said...

Great visual aides Doris! Gorgeous rug...
Hmm, I see someone sucking up already to be best student lol. Too funny.

Beth said...

I Love this rug... seems ashamed to be rolled up in a trunk... I could take this burden off of your hands if you wanted??!!!