Monday, July 27, 2009

The week that was!

For the first time I am posting on my blog with no pictures. This has not been a good week for me. A week ago Sunday I carried a lot of heavy things and apparently hurt my leg in the process. I didn't realize that anything was wrong until I woke up Monday and walking was so painful. It is getting better but I still can't walk any distance without being in pain. I'm finding that the heating pad and tylenoal are a girls best friend.

I have not attended any of my usual hooking groups this past week. However, I have been giving a lot more thought to the unfinished pieces and have begun to work on the small floral pillow top. I have finished the "parkay" floor on my black and white piece as well as the little girl in the chair. I started the top of the piece with what I hoped would be simulated wall paper - I tried several designs - all looked terrible to me. Sooooo, the piece is resting until such time as it tells me what it needs. I do believe that as I am hooking, a rug often tells me what to do next. I hope that this one can talk!

In the mean time, the deck that I had planned for such a long time is being built on my home. It is really going to be a beauty. Later I will post before and after pictures. I want to wait until it is completely finished. Hopefully only another day or two. I am looking forward to hooking on the deck with my coffee in hand.

I envy the fact that Kathy has cleaned her hooking room. It is one of my goals to get my room in order before I start teaching again this fall. At this time nothing has been done but at least I have some ideas about changing the situation and I have thrown away enough things to make some space in the spare bedroom that can be used for storage. I can't believe that it is almost August already - summer has flown by.

An aside - TO BETH - I found your new gardening blog and love it. Keep up the good work but don't stop hooking. I hope that you encourage Jill to finish the pieces she has started. I think that she doesn't know what a nice job she is doing. It must be great to have a sister!

I hope that each and everyone of you is having a great summer - hope to see all of my friends at the Grant Street hook-ins. Until then - bless you one and all.
Doris

1 comment:

Beth said...

i had a crazy week to, my cat got hurt, my car broke down, my tv set broke...... oh well.. life goes on.. thanks for the encouragement i will take it to heart!!