Thursday, June 14, 2012

SCHOOL'S OUT

Indeed school is out in Washington County.
No more school busses to wait for,
no more teacher's dirty looks!

However not all school's are out. 
 I still have two more classes to
teach before our summer adjournment
Thought you might like to know what we 
are doing in our classes.

To begin with, when all of my
students came to me, with the exception of
one) they all were hooking in a primitive
fashion., i.e. using wide cut strips.
Several have changed their minds about using
such a large cut and are now using
#3 and #4 cut.  Will they stick with it?
I don';t know, but at least they have opened their
minds to different types of hooking

 This is Cathy hard at work on her pumpkin
rug.  This is a really cute design.
 This rug is also Cathy's.  Perfect design
for her new grandson's bedroom.
 Closeup of several of the panels.
This is Sunny (and she is "sunny" always smiling).
She is working on a very interest head of a
Tiger.  It is hard to tell just what is happening
in the piece from this picture, but take it
from me, her Tiger eyes are wonderful.

This is Elinor's hand working on a piece
that she started at the Biennial.  It is much further
along than this picture shows and
is a beauty.

 Here are Margie, Lorie and Elinor hard at 
work.
 This is the piece Lorie is working on.
It is a scene of a New England coast line.
This is her first pictorial and she is
doing a great job.  She has used a variety of
cuts in this piece.

 We occasionally have a combined class.
This is a closeup of Cathy's pumpkin rug.
Her black cat is a real cutie.

Just is just a smattering of the work that
has been accomplished this hooking year.
I am very proud of my students, they have accomplished
so much.  Sorry I couldn't show all of the pictures
that I wanted to, and that includes Margies first
piece.  A pair of sheep in the a meadow,
very nicely done for a first piece.

In the mean time, I needed a rest from 
so much fine hooking and I have finished
my Lion rug and started work on "The Blue Basket."
I have promised myself to get back to my
large pictorial when this rug is finished.
In the meantime, I am enjoying this wonderful
weather, warm days. cool nights.  The joy of living in Maryland
in the summer is eating Crabs and our wonderful
sweet corn.  I have indulging myself
in Crabs once a week.  Whoopee!!!!

Quote of the day:
No one can make you feel inferior without your consent,
Eleanor Roosevelt

Doris and Eloise 

5 comments:

moosecraft said...

Wonderful students all working on some great rugs! I think I'm partial to the New England coast one... it's just such a pretty part of the states! I'm going to have to get to Maryland for some crabs! Happy Summertime to you and Eloise! :-)

Cathy G. said...

Hi Doris,
Well I see the teacher is doing a marvelous job as your students rugs are absolutely gorgeous! The detail you can get with the finer hooking is beautiful!
Hope you show us your rugs soon too!
Keep on having a great summer and enjoying those crab dishes!
Hugs to you and Eloise!
Cathy G

Rugs and Pugs said...

Doris ~
Oh, you have made me hungry!
What a talented group of students but I'm sure it's because they have such a wonderful, talented teacher!
Happy Flag Day to you and Els,
Lauren

Joanne said...

Happy Summer to you! Great rugs!

Julia said...

Hi Doris, thanks for your comment about my grandkids, They are good kids even when they blow the dandelion fluff. They say that it doesn't matter because the wind blows a lot more fluff than they do and of course they are right. So I don't sweat the small fluff. hahaha.

I'm very impressed by the work your students are doing and it goes to show the quality of your teaching.

I've zoomed in on those tiger eyes and I agree that she is doing a great job on the eyes.

I'm so glad that you are having a great summer eating crabs. I hope that your summer is relaxing for you and Eloise.

Take care. Hugs, JB