Friday, June 1, 2012

THIS AND THAT - - - - -

On my last blog I promised to show more
pictures from the open house at Barb Carroll's.
When I sorted thru the pictures
thee were only this few that I thought you might like.
Sorry, I can't remember the name
of the young lady that was hooking this piece.

 This is a very large piece so it was
hung on the door to the classroom.
I wish this picture had been better - oh well,
it's what I have.
A closeup of her tail.  The scales were
perfectly hooked. 
 Wow!  What an upper body
 Catch that sexy face!

All in all, a great day at Barb Carroll's.
Hope you enjoyed the pics.
So many things have happened in the past few weeks
I could not figure out where to
start this blog - sooooooooooooooo
I decided to do the easy
thing and do a lot of catching up later.

 This lovely basket is hanging on my deck.
 A beautiful mixture of pink and purple
 Don't know the name of these
but the orange and purple are lovely together.
 My favorite flower along the fence
leading to Eloise's play yard.

T
The pretiest white Iris I have ever seen.
Not too shabby either!

The last few week have surely been busy.
It is so good to feel good again and be able to go
places.  More pictures and more things to
catch up next time.

Quote of the day:
The future belongs to those who believe in thier dreams
Eleanor Roosevelt
Let me remind you that tomorrow is the meeting
day of the Boonsboro ATHA Chapter.  Hope to see you there.
Doris




5 comments:

Rugs and Pugs said...

Doris ~
So good to hear from you and it was wonderful seeing your picture at Grant Street!
That mermaid rug is very impressive.
Your flowers are lovely. I don't know that I've ever seen an iris that white.
Hugs to you and Els :)
Lauren

moosecraft said...

Wow! That's some detail in that mermaid! LOVE your flowers!!!! So good to hear you are well enough to get out and about!

Julia said...

Hi Doris, it's so good to know that you are feeling good again. You are amazing to keep going like you do.

I love the mermaid rug. It would be nice seeing this in person. It does look big.

Your hanging baskets of flowers are so inviting. I still don't have any annuals planted outside yet. I've been so busy it seems but I'm not accomplishing much.Give a big hug to that sweet Eloise girl of yours.

Have a great weekend , Hugs. JB

Kim said...

Hi Doris,
As always it's a pleasure to see your post and hear that you've been having adventures. The Mermaid rug looks amazing. Yes, her face does have that "come hither" look!
Your yard looks so cheery with all the beautiful blooms. Miss Millie says Hi too.

Julia said...

Hi Doris, how nice to get an email that says that you posted a comment on my blog today. It's always nice hearing from you.
I've been rather tired lately and although I'm catching up on my sleep, I'm still tired. I wonder if it could be my thyroid.
This is the first comment I posted since I took a break from blogging.

My gardens are all weedy and I just look at them and sigh.... oh well.... the flowers are just so pretty just the same.

I hope that you and Eloise are keeping well these days.

Hugs for both of you. JB