Sunday, August 28, 2011

SHE'S A FICKLED WOMAN. . . . .

Mother Nature, of course!

On Friday evening I was so tired of hearing about
Irene on the radio and tv that I decided to walk
out onto the deck and see the sky for myself.
 What I saw was one of the most beautiful skys
I had ever seen at this time of year.
 Have you ever "painted a sky" on wool
to use in a pictorial?
Wou7ldn't it be wonderful to use this as
a color plan?
 So peaceful and serene.  It made me wonder
what mother nature was thinking.
 This is a lady of miracles.
She gives us great beauty to enjoy and
it's all free!

Saturday evening was another story!
She turned her back on us and gave us an
angry sky.
 Even tho the sky looks angry there is
still beauty in these clouds.
 The sky had gotten very dark and
the clouds were rolling, the wind was
blowing and the trees were swaying.
 It was raining steadily but not hard.
I love the clouds so I stood for quite some time watching them as they
rolled by forming picture after picture.

Actually, the storm did not hit this area to badly.
We lost power for about 4 hours and
it did rain heavily during the night.

Irene was an uninvited guest at my grand daughter's
wedding that was supposed to be today.  Due to the
location, it was cancelled and they were
married in a private ceremony yesterday.
We will hold a family celebration
several weeks from now.

So, onto "Plan B."  We have made reservations
at a seafood resturant in Hagerstown for
"all you can eat" crabs.  I can think of nothing better
on a rainy Sunday afternoon that all you can
eat crabs.
Hope everyone is safe and well and that
Irene leaves us in a hurry.
Doris


5 comments:

weaverpat said...

If ever there were a lady who could be sweet and gentle one minute and throughing a royal hissy fit the next, it's Mother Nature. The's the original mood swing gal!
There is one good thing about getting old and going deaf, I slept through the tossing of lawn chairs and rumbling of tin roof and thrashing of trees. LOL!

I think a crab feast is the perfect way to end a tornado day! I'm sorry the wedding didn't go as planned, but at least the ceremony happened after all. I hope their life together is a happy one.

Julia said...

Doris, I'm sorry about the inconvenience that Irene caused with your granddaughter's wedding. I hope that they will be happy for ever after.

Your sky pictures are absolutely gorgeous I agree that it would make a stunning rug.

I can't think anything better than a crab feast for a wedding celebration. JB

Rugs and Pugs said...

Doris ~
I am happy to hear you are safe and can finally sing "Goodnight Irene". So sorry about your granddaughter's wedding but at least you can celebrate at a later date.
All you can eat crab sure sound goods!!!
Beautiful pictures!
Hugs :)
Lauren

Joanne said...

A crab feast sounds wonderful - mmmmm - Sorry about your GD's wedding!

Julia said...

Hi Doris, thanks for leaving a comment on my blog. I just love it when you come for a visit.

I hope that all is well with you and Eloise and that you are hooking up a storm on your rug that is. Fall is definitely on its way and I hope that I can slow down and get some hooking done soon.

Hugs to both of you. JB