Tuesday, March 22, 2011



IT REALLY HAS SPRUNG . . . . . . .
I saw this scene when I looked out my
kitchen window - a long shot that they would
still be there by the time I got the camera.
A bit closer. I really know that spring has
sprung when I see this years herd in
my pasture.
They seem to have jumped thru one of the
bars of the riding ring. Guess they were anxious
to get to the grass.
This is a scene that makes me very happy. In the herd that frequents my pasture, there are usually 12 deer. I often see several does and their young but I have only seen the buck twice. He is a really big fellow with a nice rack, that stands off from the does and young, always on alert. These deer arrived just before the Lady Moon did her beautiful display. It never ceases to amaze me just how intelligent the animals are. They always seem to know what mother nature is doing and always warn of storms and unusual weather.
Hope you are enjoying this little big of spring that we are having.
Doris





8 comments:

Kim said...

How lovely to have that view from your window. It has been such a hard winter for the deer. Last week I was driving home from a meeting about an hour from home. I counted 31 deer along the highway. I was so upset I didn't have my camera.

Julie said...

Hi Doris

Lovely view. When I lived in Ontario, we had a herd of deer nearby that would often drop by.

I hope spring has definitely, sprung!

Kathy (woolfind) said...

How nice to be able to view them from your window!

Rugs and Pugs said...

Doris ~
I sure hope they don't decide to feed on plants you want left alone :)
Spring has once again left Ohio. I hope it returns soon!
Pug hugs :)
Lauren

Julia said...

Doris, what a great show in your pasture. Deers are beautiful but they can chomp down a vegetable garden in no time and they eat flowers too. I hope that since the grass is growing they will leave your flowers alone. Enjoy Spring. God Bless. JB

Joanne said...

Great view for you! What does Eloise do - watch them or want to go run with them? Spring has gone back in hiding around here - there is snow in the forecast - a 4-letter word in my opinion!

Tamera's Craft Palace said...

HOW BEAUTIFUL!!
We don't get deer in Sharpsburg (downtown) but we do get SKUNKS!!!

Our cat molly made "friends" last spring with one of the cute striped "kitties"!!

Pamela Terry and Edward said...

How wonderful!
Edward would lose his mind if he saw these guys out his window!