Wednesday, February 9, 2011

THIS AND THAT
It has been sometime since I posted. I don't know what got into me. I have been so depressed. First I had a flu like cold that knocked me for a loop. I thought I was over it and boom! it hit again. Now for the third time I think I am over it.
I am also disconcerted by the fact that something has gone wrong with my picture reception on the computer. As I have commented before, my computer has a mind of its own. Sometimes it does what I tell it and other times it does as it pleases! That is the case with the pictures. It no longer tells me where it is putting my pictures - they just go into cyberspace - it is a hide and seek game.
My grandson, Richard, played with my blog as you can see and it now has a different look. I'm not sure how I feel about it but I guess change is good. Until I can figure out some things to do with the blog, it will just stay this way.
In the meantime, I gave a program at the Boonsboro Chapter of ATHA last Saturday. I took rugs that showed two things. One was simple color planning - monochromatic, 2 color, etc. and two was the various styles of hooking. If you would like to see the rugs that I showed and read a bit about them go to:
I do have some hopes for spring. When I sit to the computer I can also look out of the window to my front yard which is bordered with Pine trees. The Snow Drops planted under the trees are not only up but some are in bloom. Can spring be far behind?
My daughter and I went shopping on Monday. Found a few things that I needed. I own 5 watches, all batteries had stopped, so get 2 of them fixed. Got a much need hair cut. I purchased a little lightweight jacket for spring. It is bright yellow. It gives me hope that Mother nature has not forgotten we are all waiting for her to warm us up.
I continue to work on my Adam and Eve rug. I only have Eve's upper body to do and a small amount of background around her and the rug will be finished. I am pleased with the way it is turning out and will be glad to get it finished. Pictures once I figure out this darn computer
I hope all are well and keeping warm.
Doris

8 comments:

weaverpat said...

Hi Doris,
I like the new look! The header has a nice airy blue-sky look that's very appropriate for Moments in Time (and Spring!)
Hope yhou are finally over the flu and can get out and enjoy life. I checked the pictures of your rugs. They are lovely! There were a few I had not seen yet. I love surprises like that!

Joanne said...

Hope you are feeloing better - I for one am tired of seeing the "white" out there - a bright yellow jacket sounds so cheery!

Cathy G. said...

Hi Doris,
Glad you are feeling better! This winter's been a tough one to get through and being sick doesn't help any.
Computers everywhere are proving they have minds of their own..... I wonder if they plan on some type of overthrow of the human race or something? LOL! Love your new blog look and that new yellow spring jacket sounds smashing! Hope you get your photo function fixed soon!
Snow drops? Can Spring be far behind?
Hugs!
Cathy G

Julia said...

Hi Doris, I,m so sorry that you've been sick and I glad that you are finally starting to feel better. Winter is so hard on everyone.

Nothing like seeing early flowers to give us hope that spring is on the way.

I'm still in Ottawa at my daughter, helping her out with caring for the baby and doing light house work. So, I still haven't done much blogging. Too many interruptions with the little guy.

My husband said that there is two feet of snow on the ground down home in Fredericton, N.B. We've had lots of snowstorms in the East.

I like your idea of buying a yellow jacket to cheer you up while waiting for spring to come.

Wishing you plenty of sunshine and blooms to boost your hopes for spring. Hugs, Julia

Tamera's Craft Palace said...

I am glad you are feeling better--it has been a winter for various creeping cruds that's for sure!!
I am SO ready for spring!!
It was such a pleasure meeting you and the others Saturday-I can't wait til next month!!
Do you have a listing or schedule of the classes/workshops you teach? I have a birthday coming up and am planning good uses for any money I get!!! What better then hooking??
Eloise is ADORABLE-which I am sure she knows-- I love how she lays on her back!!

Rugs and Pugs said...

Doris ~
I'm so sorry to hear you've been under the weather but hopefully that is behind you! This is a depressing time of year. I hope the depression will soon be behind you!
Oh how wonderful to see snowdrops in bloom! They are the sweetest little things. Mine are still buried under layers of snow and ice.
You will have to model your yellow spring jacket for us.
I look forward to seeing your rug. You are the most amazing hooker!
Hugs to Eloise (and you, too!) :)
Lauren

Kim said...

I hope you are feeling better and can shake the "winter blues" that seems to have us all in its grips. Maybe I should buy a yellow spring jacket to try and put myself in a hopeful frame of mind.
Hi to Eloise.

Kathy (woolfind) said...

Hope the cold is finally gone. Nothing worse than when it lingers on, but to get it again, well that just stinks! Spring hopefully will be here very soon.
Great link with all the rugs. Looked like a terrific day with lots to share!