Friday, October 23, 2009

A MOSTLY QUIET WEEK -

My little Eloise gave me a bad scare this week. On Wednesday night she lay on the floor as tho she was dead! Just out of it. Her eyes were so filled with pain that it was as tho she didn't know who I was. I was really scared that she was dying. During the night I lifted her onto the bed and at sometime during the night she moved from the foot of the bed to the top of the bed and I knew that she was not paralized. To make a long story short, we have been having a bit of aspirin therpy and things are much better. She has managed to get on the bed twice today by herself and up in my hooking chair (her favorate place) several times. Things are looking up at my house!

This evening reminds me of a little saying that I used to tell my girls when they were little. The rain rains all around - It rains on ships at sea - It rains on towns and cities - and it rains on you and me! It appears that it will be a gloomy weekend. I happen to love the rain so I have been hooking all evening. I have purchased a new hooking frame and I am loving it. It is large and swivels and has a great floor stand. I am beginning to think that I must start selling some of my extra stuff. I now have 5 frames and only two hands.

I went with my friend Traci on Thursday to the hook in at the Grant Street Wool Works. We always have such a nice time when we go hooking there. The company is so good - such good conversation and friendship. I have come to the conclusion that Linda is a "neat freak." The shop is always so clean and neat and during last week she had rearranged everything. I always see something new every time I go there. As I have mentioned before, not only things for hookers, but gifts that every women would like to purchase. How about these cute teddy bears?
This grouping of wools, baskets and gourds galore!

And to top it all off this lovely winterberry tree. The whole shop was decorated in oranges, browns and greens in keeping with the season. Really pretty - great eye candy.
Traci and I enjoyed all who were there and we missed all who were not there. Looks like the weekend is going to be a washout - great for spending time with the family and doing a lot of hooking!
Thought for this blog -
Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take but by the moments that take our breath away!
George Carlin
Doris



No comments: